Intertextual Connections


Shoulderition

Celebrex.
Arcoxia.
2 injections.
Heaps of physio sessions.
What next?

It's really quite depressing thinking about it. Celebrex and Arcoxia are painkillers. The injections were administered after Mr Cele and Miss Arco wasn't working. Sigh. The shoulder doesn't seem to be settling, and till it does, I really can't do anything.

I can't lift. I can't carry. The only thing I must and can do every morning is pop a pill and swing my arms on a medicine ball. Heck, even the way I sleep is now under observation. Lie flat on the back, placing pillows under the thigh and both respective arms, resting on the wrist.

I feel like crap. I feel annoyed at times.

Dr Thanth. I see her 3 times a week.
Dr Gan. I see him once every fortnight.
Who needs a relationship when you're that commited!

Both of you are my only hope to full recovery.
Pray for them, for wisdom and knowledge as they treat my case.
Pray for me, that I may have patience and not be edgy over the matter.
Pray for insurance coverage, my monthly salary has been the slave to my shoulder.

I have no choice. Have to stay put and listen. Just needing a lil' patience...

I wish I could write about something more interesting but this is the only grave concern happening in my life at the moment.

Of course, there's work. I'll save it for later.

You cannot believe the amount of spiritual lessons I'm getting out of this experience. Many facets that still dawns on me. The journey has been somehow a great teachable lesson to me.

One fine day, when I'm lifting weights again, throwing balls and playing tennis, smashing at badminton; I'll share my thoughts on God and the effects of supraspinatus tendinitis in it's unsettling temper.

I think a parallel reflection of this experience is the swelling in my life. I think there are certain heart issues that have yet to resolved, there's still swelling. It has not settled. Don't we all. As much as the medical world provides the attentice care and rehabilition, I think God provides the healing to our hearts.

Can't say that I've been all too positive at the prayer club, with all that is going around me. I'm just wearing out like the overused shoulder.

Some of us resort to harmony treatment, if only there was the 'spiritual spa/massage' to go to, well then again, we know it's for the few hours. Spiritual high eh?

Now, in my case, I like to research, read the facts and get it right and works toward recovery. It took me 8 months to realize that for my shoulder and 25 years to catch a glimpse of faith.


P.U.S.H





0 Responses to “Shoulderition”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.